Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for assisting with the overall management of the company’s Business Development initiatives, including managing and coordinating all efforts related to opportunity management and client cultivation strategies. Responsible for developing and implementing strategies for promoting and cultivating Business Development strategies through industry participation and positioning in conferences and other events. The candidate will report to the VP of Business Development and will work closely with the Business Teams and Management to achieve the company’s goals.
- Develops and implements comprehensive business development plans and programs, both short and long-term, to support the organization’s sales and revenue goals.
- Implementation of marketing & campaign plans, including product positioning, campaign development strategies, and market strategy insights.
- Measure and assess customer satisfaction, the effectiveness of marketing efforts, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Study opportunities with current and new clients.
- Identify the most significant relevant external trends influencing the business environment and propose key challenges/opportunities for HDS.
- Conducts marketing research on current and new product concepts and provides feedback for future product development.
- Responsible for maintaining product content in Loopio.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date Customer Relation Management Software.
- Prepare opportunity pipeline reports and make presentations to executive management.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a prospect list, scheduling appointments, and maintaining a follow-up schedule.
- Responsible for preparing presentations for all prospects and writing proposals based on executive staff-approved strategies.
- Responsible for all proposals and RFPs
- Translate sales response data into actionable sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Assist with customer interactions and sales support.
- Support the development and design of external and internal presentations, proposals, publications, and reports.
- Ensure that all content is on-brand consistent in terms of style, and quality, point of view.
- Serve as the first point of contact with potential and existing clients regarding the preparation of RFP/RFIs, client questionnaires, level of efforts, competitive analysis, and ad-hoc requests.
- Responsible for the project management aspects of the proposal response while prioritizing work, resources, and time.
- Ensures all proposal response deliverables and deadlines are met on time.
- Responsible for organizing proposals in appropriate folders, including SharePoint.
- Responsible for obtaining information on RFPs not awarded to HDS.
- Responsible for adhering to the Quote lifecycle to provide the level of effort to the client on time.
- Responsible for coordination with the HDS Contract Department.
- Responsible for coordination with the marketing and communications team.
- Assuring that all proposed changes are recorded in the appropriate time and format and that contractual obligations are properly tracked, documented, and monitored.
- Participating in the review and subsequent transmittal of approved proposals or service orders to the customer.
- Participating in negotiation preparations, strategy development, and customer meetings.
- Responsible for actively managing the conference booth and interacting with clients during conferences including setting up events with clients.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and provides feedback for future product development.
- Measure and assess customer satisfaction, effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous manager/supervisor experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of the procurement process and response to proposals
- Excellent time-management handling multiple projects and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork.
- CRM Software
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills.
- Skilled with use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with highly confidential documents and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business marketing or related field or at least 4 years’ prior experience in a relevant field.
Perks of the Job
HDS offers a competitive salary for all positions.
Health Dental & Vision
HDS Pays 100 % of employee Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
HDS offers a simple IRA with an employer match of up to 3%
Paid Time Off (PTO)
2 weeks plus
11 company Paid holidays
5 Paid sick days a year, Life Insurance, Long Term Disablity, Flexible Spending Account, Flexible Schedule
(888) 326 – 7680 ext 213