Position Title: Mortgage Compliance Operations Manager
Leading Single-Family Housing Program Administrator for First Time Homebuyer Programs is seeking a qualified individual to manage the day to day operations for its Loan Compliance Department. The COM is responsible to direct the workflow and procedures of the Loan Compliance Department, oversee production, understand program compliance regulations, motivating and managing the team to ensure it provides the most efficient loan production and customer service outcomes to our clients, and adhere to Program Compliance guidelines. The COM will set daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for the department’s production and interface regularly with team stakeholders to assure the staff is continually informed of program changes, acquires necessary knowledge and oversees necessary reporting and program data management. The COM will report to the Sr. VP of Services, and work closely with the Supervisor of QA & Application Support, the Business Leads, and all supportive groups.
Compliance Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Direct, lead, and manage daily activities of Compliance Specialists and review team to ensure review and approval guidelines and metrics are being achieved.
- Create a pipeline management process to ensure efficiencies and timeline requirements and goals, address and cure issues that can improve the workflow, and report metrics.
- Assist, mentor, and motivate team members to exceed daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals and continue growth. Work closely with the staff especially the team leads to create a strong operational group that focuses on continuously improving process, gathering ideas, and using data to assess and improve existing methods and service goals.
- Enforce adherence to all Program regulations, utilize mortgage lending industry best practices, and develop on-going learning opportunities for staff to acquire more knowledge of programs.
- Resolve, escalate, or remedy customer service issues in a professional manner, ad ensure that department is providing the highest quality service possible, including identifying better ways to address support issues, improving ender information to reduce mistakes, and other strategies that can improve the process.
- Maintain a positive work environment by developing helpful relationships within the team and other company stakeholders.
Mortgage Processing Manager Qualifications
- Background in single family mortgage loan processing and compliance, including a very strong background and knowledge of closing forms, affidavits, tax transcripts, 1003, CD/HUD1, and other loan closing documents. Understanding of fist time homebuyer programs, assistance and other affordable housing initiatives a PLUS!
- High school diploma is required – Bachelor’s degree is desired Current NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator, Processor or UW a plus
- Working knowledge of the mortgage industry, loan products and programs (FHA, FNMA, VA), and state and federal regulations and laws (RESPA, TRID)
- 3+ years management experience in mortgage operations, preferably in processing management, or operations manager is ideal; 3-5 years of experience with high volume loan processing as a team lead in mortgage lending
- Superb organization, attention to detail and interpersonal, communication, and time management skills are required. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Teams, Outlook, Excel, etc. Understanding of AUS and LOS software and other loan processing systems are a plus. Although the company has its own proprietary loan systems, understanding similar technology is critical.
Perks of the Job
HDS offers a competitive salary for all positions.
Health Dental & Vision
HDS Pays 100 % of employee Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
HDS offers a simple IRA with an employer match of up to 3%
Paid Time Off (PTO)
2 weeks plus
11 company Paid holidays
5 Paid sick days a year, Life Insurance, Long Term Disablity, Flexible Spending Account
(888) 326 – 7680 ext 213