Position Title: Technical Writer
The IT Department has immediate opening for a Technical Writer. Technical writer is responsible for preparation, review, and maintenance of all HDS Software documentation including HELP files and release notes of all HDS products. Creates and update content for product user guides, technical manuals, online help, tutorials, videos, and other such materials. Works under the supervision of the CIO, functionally interacts closely with Software Operations and Business to meet company’s goals.
- Responsible for maintenance of HDS product’s documentation, including HELP files, online HELP, release documentation and installation instructions, among others.
- Completes outline by composing language for technical and non-technical consumers.
- Actively participate with the development team on the creation of internal technical documentation.
- Organize material and complete technical writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Understand practical application of the end user and incorporate user feedback into documentation to facilitate ease of use and increased product utilization.
- Create effective graphics, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Maintains resource of technical writing by filing publications on TFS.
- Four-year degree in technical or communications preferably and /or two years of comparable experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical documentation in a software environment.
- Experience with On-line help tools and/or Robo help.
- Experience with screen capture and editing programs.
- Knowledge of HTML and or content management software, Visio and Adobe Professional.
- Understanding of technical and technology terms and processes.
- Knowledge of the product(s) being supported.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite and Windows operating systems is required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, meet deadlines and perform well in a team environment while working with minimal supervision is essential.
- Team-player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Unwavering patience and the ability to interact with all users in a pleasant and courteous manner are absolute necessities.
Perks of the Job
HDS offers a competitive salary for all positions.
Health Dental & Vision
HDS Pays 100 % of employee Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
HDS offers a simple IRA with an employer match of up to 3%
Paid Time Off (PTO)
2 weeks plus
11 company Paid holidays
5 Paid sick days a year, Life Insurance, Long Term Disablity, Flexible Spending Account
(888) 326 – 7680 ext 213